Specialist Supplier and Manufacturer of Fire Doors
*All prices shown include VAT
Terms and Conditions
- All orders are delivered by external transport. Please ensure that the items delivered are as per your specification and that there is no visual defects after removing the packaging. Once doors are signed for ourselves and our external carriers cannot be held responsible for complaints on condition. Signing "unchecked" or similar is not acceptable, as we still have no recourse in this event. Where the courier provides the option to leave the products in a secure location and the customer accepts this, the goods are deemed to be delivered in good condition and risk passes to the customer upon this delivery.
- Typically our doors will be delivered within 2-3 weeks. If this is not possible for any reason we will keep you updated on the progress of your order via email.
- Any manufacturing defects must be reported to us within 72 hours of delivery. Refunds or replacements will be sent if these are deemed to be manufacturing faults. Emailing clear photographs to email@example.com will help us determine faults quickly and efficiently.
- Deliveries are subject to a 30 minute time slot. If the vehicle takes longer than this to be unloaded additional charges may be passed on to the customer. This time slot should also give ample time to inspect the goods, ensuring they are not damaged or unsatisfactory upon delivery.
- Please be aware that our doors can weigh up to 50kg (particularly 54mm doors), for this reason we require someone to be available to help our driver offload the goods.
- Please note that all doors are brought in to us from an external supplier and that a restocking charge of 35% is applicable to all orders cancelled more than 48 hours after the order was placed. Also doors that are bespoke manufactured to the customers specification (such as laminate doors) are fully chargeable if cancelled more than 48 hours after the order is placed as materials are brought in on a job-by-job basis.
- Distance Selling Regulations apply where there has been no face to face contact between us and our customer, and on occasions where the customer has not had the opportunity to view the actual products. The Regulations do not apply to any orders of made to measure, bespoke or special order doors, or any products made to the customers specification. For products which do fall under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel your order up to 7 days from date of delivery. We request that the cancellation be informed to us in writing by post or e-mail to be received with us within the 7 day period. A refund for the goods will be provided within 30 days. Additional delivery charges are exempt from refund. Arranging return of the goods, and the cost for this shall be the responsibility of the customer. Should you wish to return the goods via a courier, we would suggest you insure the goods against damage in transit. All goods to be returned must be suitable packaged and undamaged.
- Prior to commencing any work on your doors (milling for hinges/locks etc.), please check for faults: a bow of 4mm along the length of the door shall be deemed to be within the the manufactured and BSS tolerances. Tolerances of up to 3mm in height and width are deemed to be within the manufacturers allowance.
- As soon as any alterations have been made to your doors, you have deemed to accept them (this includes hanging, milling for ironmongery and reducing your door to fit your opening).
- In the unlikely event that our product is subject to a manufacturing fault, or is not supplied in accordance with your requirements, we are only liable in either replacing, rectifying or refunding the product (at our determination). We can not be held responsible for any consequential losses as a result of this fault (such as re-hanging, re-machining or builder/carpentry costs).
- Doors should be kept in a dry environment that is not subject to extreme temperature changes (due to the nature of timber). Any exposure to water or extreme humidity will invalidate the manufacturers warranty.
- Please note that veneered doors are made from natural timber products. Because of this it is entirely likely that natural characteristics are present on the face and lippings of the door (knots, twists etc). It is also important to note that the colour of these natural products varies. Whilst we will ensure that all doors ordered in one batch are as good a colour match as possible, we cannot guarantee that they will match doors already on site, or doors ordered previously. Foil doors should be purchased if an exact colour match is required.
- If ordering doors by a Pro-Forma Invoice, please ensure that all details are correct in the final order invoice; as this is the product that will be manufactured and delivered. Any changes that need to be made to this must be made in writing within 3 working days of receipt of the final confirmation.
- Please ensure to read the manufacturers instructions before fitting our doors (these will either come with the product or are available online).
- Please Post to; Acorn Timber Solutions Limited, Unit 12-14 Oakleaf Industrial Estate, Oakleaf Court, Rossington, Doncaster, DN11 0PS